COASTAL WATER & SEWERAGE COMPANY, LLC
PO BOX 9330
SAVANNAH, GA 31412
October 1, 2022
Coastal Water & Sewerage Company, LLC (LLC) is committed to providing reliable, safe and compliant water and wastewater services while constantly maintaining our infrastructure against rising costs of service.
In order to continue meeting this commitment LLC must enact a rate increase. Utility rates were last increased over ten years prior to this increase which will take place in January, 2018. Please see the new rates on the next page.
Utility rates are established at a level that allows LLC recovery of reasonable and prudent costs for providing service and a modest rate of return on necessary investment for infrastructure needed for said service. Operating costs such as electricity, chemicals, and insurance have risen. Also, stricter environmental and water quality regulations have impacted costs to ensure compliance. Moreover, two (2) hurricanes and a tropical storm within a 12 month span have resulted in higher costs and have depleted reserves which are necessary to attract favorable lending terms.
The following are some of our recent, previous and future capital investments which, when finished, will have cost LLC and its affiliate companies almost $4,000,000:
- LLC was the first utility in the State to utilize radio read meters. Later models have proved more durable and smarter than earlier generations. Periodic replacement of older generations is expensive.
- LLC plans to launch a new customer portal and app which will enable customers to monitor and control their water usage
- Gravity sewer and lateral inspection project:
- Cleaning and inspection of 20,000 feet of gravity sewer and force mains that are corroded
- Replacement or slip lining of any deficiencies revealed during inspection
- Elevated and ground tanks painting project
- Other capital projects include new aerators and headworks, Miocene and Lower Floridan wells, SCADA, pumping equipment, water/sewer mans and manholes
Thank you for entrusting your water and/or wastewater needs to LLC. Your utility is committed to superior service and affordable rates. We will continue to provide improvements to the facilities and to overall service adding value to your community.
Should you have any questions or concerns please let us know by e-mailing us at ConsolidatedUtilites.com or calling us at 912-233-3254.
Rate Change Table-Water Only
Current Rate New Rate (Eff. 1/1/23)
Base Rate: $36.00 $37.80
0-5,000 gallons Included Included
5,001- 10,000 gallons $3.50 per 1,000 gallons $3.68 per 1,000 gallons
10,001 & up gallons $5.50 per 1,000 gallons $5.78 per 1,000 gallons
Comments are closed