GOLDEN ISLES WATER COMPANY, INC.
PO BOX 9330
SAVANNAH, GA 31412
October 1, 2022
Golden Isles Water Company, Inc. (GI) and its affilliates is committed to providing reliable, safe and compliant water and wastewater services while constantly maintaining our infrastructure against rising costs of service.
In order to continue meeting this commitment GI must enact a rate increase. Utility rates were last increased in January 2018 five years prior to this increase. The new rate will take place in January 2023. Please see the new rates on the next page.
Utility rates are established at a level that allows GI recovery of reasonable and prudent costs for providing service and a modest rate of return on necessary investment for infrastructure needed for said service. Operating costs such as labor, electricity, chemicals, and insurance have risen. Also, stricter environmental and water quality regulations have impacted costs to ensure compliance. Moreover, the pandemic was an economic shock to our system everywhere. Coupled with upgrades our reserves are depleted which are necessary to attract favorable terms from lenders.
The following are some of our recent, previous and future capital investments which when finished, will have cost GI and its affiliates almost $4,000,000:
- The first utility in the State to utilize radio read meters. Later models have proved more durable and smarter than earlier generations. Replacement of older generations is expensive.
- A new customer portal has been launched which enables customers to monitor and control their water usage
- Ongoing projects:
- Cleaning and inspection of gravity sewer and force mains that are corroded
- Replacement or slip lining of any deficiencies revealed during inspection
- Rehabing many manholes and pump stations
- Replacing sewer force mains
- Installing new connecting water mains
- Elevated and ground tanks painting project
- Other capital projects include new aerators and headworks, Miocene and Lower Floridan wells, SCADA, pumping equipment, water/sewer mans and manholes
Thank you for entrusting your water and/or wastewater needs to GI. Your utility is committed to superior service and affordable rates. We will continue to provide improvements to the facilities and to overall service adding value to your community.
Should you have any questions or concerns please let us know by e-mailing us at ConsolidatedUtilites.com or calling us at 912-233-3254.
Rate Change Table
Current Rate New Rate (Eff. 1/1/23)
Base Rate: $36.00 $37.80
0-5,000 gallons Included Included
5,001- 10,000 gallons $3.50 per 1,000 gallons $3.68 per 1,000 gallons
10,001 & up gallons $5.50 per 1,000 gallons $5.78 per 1,000 gallons
Comments are closed